Thursday, June 6, 2013

Succulents and Etsy Items

My love for succulents is growing, if that's possible. I already adored them. I think it started about 6 or 7 years ago when my mom planted a succulent container garden at her house and we poured over books with gorgeous photos of brilliantly colored succulents. One of those books was "Designing With Succulents" by Debra Lee Baldwin.
I highly recommend it if you are at all interested in succulents, or even just beautiful photography. Available here on Amazon. That love grew when I visited Phoenix during springtime. Along with the blooming cacti, there were a variety of gorgeous succulents.
And I've been just loving all the succulent wedding bouquets I've seen lately and succulent wedding stationery. All of this, inspired me to create my own succulent stationery. I drew a combination of succulents onto a rubber stamp block and then carved out the image. I used two or three different colors of inks to ink the stamp and ended up with these:
I'm very happy with them :). The yucca plant was a stamp I had made earlier and decided to have some fun with again. So these are up on Etsy here. And I also made a few new bridal hair flowers.
Feels good to get a few more things up on Etsy. :) Hopefully more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment