Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October Newsletter!


Happy October! We hope you are having a great month so far! We are excited to share our news with you. Local artists and crafters have been bringing in LOTS of new handmade items this month, we love getting so many unique things in! So if you haven’t had a chance, stop in and check it out, and thanks so much to the artists!
October 25th: 4-5 year old Children’s Art Class! $7.50 per class per child, $6.00 per child if you have more than one child in your family taking classes, all materials provided. 4:30-5:30pm (last Thursday of every month except on holidays)
October 30th: 6-10 year old Children’s Art Class! $7.50 per class per child, $6.00 per child if you have more than one child in your family taking classes, all materials provided. 4:30-5:30pm (last Tuesday of every month except on holidays)
November 10th: Tag Party! Come make unique and beautiful tags for gifts, scrapbooking and cardmaking, or just for decoration. Maybe to add a personal touch to your Christmas gifts this year J. Starts at 2:00pm, come use our supplies and materials and make as many as you want. $8.50. Limited space available, please email us or sign up in the shop.
I love all of the painted pumpkins I been seeing this year, pinned a few on my pumpkin board on Pinterest, and decided to make a few of my own.
So simple and you can do so many things. I decided to go with bright and funky. I just used acrylic paint and a brush. I taped off the chevron lines on the larger pumpkin. Then I sprayed them all with Polyurethane when I was finished so that the paint wouldn’t scratch off easily and to help the pumpkins last longer. Simple, fun, and a lot less messy than carvingJ.


No comments:

Post a Comment