Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall Newsletter!

So sorry this is so late! It's been a pretty crazy month, so we are doing a September/October combined fall newsletter. Fall is absolutely my favorite time of the year and I'm so excited to share our news with you!
September 24th: 6-10 year old Children’s Art Class! $7.50 per class per child, $6.00 per child if you have more than one child in your family taking classes, all materials provided. 4:30-5:30pm (last Tuesday of every month except on holidays)
September 26th: 4-5 year old Children’s Art Class! $7.50 per class per child, $6.00 per child if you have more than one child in your family taking classes, all materials provided. 4:30-5:30pm (last Thursday of every month except on holidays)
October 19th: Creative Gift Box Class! Papers, glue, embellishments, and bone folder included, $15.00. 2:00-4:00pm

October 24th: 4-5 year old Children’s Art Class! $7.50 per class per child, $6.00 per child if you have more than one child in your family taking classes, all materials provided. 4:30-5:30pm (moved to the 24th because of Halloween)
October 29th: 6-10 year old Children’s Art Class! $7.50 per class per child, $6.00 per child if you have more than one child in your family taking classes, all materials provided. 4:30-5:30pm (last Tuesday of every month except on holidays)
Our DIY this month is a fun burlap flower. It's a great fall decoration that can be added to just about anything: a burlap wreath, fall garland, table centerpiece, etc. 
First I cut a 6 foot long by 2 inch wide strip of burlap. Then I threaded a large darning needle with package string and knotted it 2 or 3 times on the end. I did a basting stitch across the bottom of the strip. When I got all the way to the end, I pulled the string, gathering it into a ruffle. I didn't gather mine supper tight. I tied knots in that end of the string. Then I cut a circle out of burlap that was about 4 inches wide, curled the ruffle into a spiral, and glued it down onto the circle with fabric glue. I pulled off any excess strings of burlap sticking out.  My flower is about 6.5-7 inches wide. If you would like a smaller flower, simply cut a thinner strip of burlap. 
We hope you are having a fabulous fall, enjoying the gorgeous weather and fall activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment