Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Walk

Wow, what a gorgeous day. So my sister and I went on a walk in the hills behind my mom's house after our huge (and delicious) Easter dinner. I was on the hunt for wild pasque flowers. Not every year, but occasionally we will see some in the hills behind my mom's house. They look like this:
I think that they are my favorite wildflower. So soft and delicate, often hidden, and such a short bloom---makes it so special to see them. So, we went on our walk and this is what we saw:
Along with a much fresher carcass of a deer and a dead cat. Not really the experience I was going for. Kind of a lot of dead things instead of the whole celebrating new life with tiny beautiful flowers blooming for the first time. But the day was saved. When I got home the first of my crocuses were blooming :)

Happy Easter everyone! Hope your day was filled with new life!

"Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Romans 6:4

No comments:

Post a Comment